Backyard Landscaping Design Ideas in St. Louis
Backyard landscaping can certainly seem like a daunting task and it can get overwhelming just thinking of ideas for backyard landscaping. So how do you start transforming your backyard into a beautiful sanctuary? You can start by asking yourself what design elements you want to include and doing some research on the options available. Browsing the Internet or reading some landscaping articles will give you a basic idea of what can be included in your backyard landscaping plan.
You can also work with a professional landscaper to design and create your dream landscape.
If you are ready to design and create your dream backyard, contact the experts at Metro Lawn Sprinklers & Landscapes in St. Louis online or by phone at 636-936-8243. We can help you consider your options, create a design plan, and execute the plan. We are also more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your project.
Popular St. Louis Backyard Landscaping Design Elements to Consider
Your backyard is the one part of your home that can truly be your own personal oasis. It can take you away from the everyday stresses that life brings and allow you to relax with friends or family. If you are thinking about designing your backyard landscape, the following are some popular ideas that can help give your St. Louis backyard the resort-like feel you deserve.
- Paver Patios: A paver patio is a great addition to your backyard landscaping. Natural stone or bricks arranged in artistic patterns will allow you to gain more functional space in your backyard for entertainment and relaxation. Add complimentary patio furniture and you will have a peaceful place to enjoy your morning coffee or a gorgeous place to share evenings with friends.
- Outdoor Fireplace: An outdoor fireplace can serve as the focal point in your backyard landscaping scheme. In St. Louis, these features also extend the time you can enjoy your backyard to chilly fall or winter evenings. An outdoor fireplace can be part of your paver patio or serve as an outdoor extension of your living room. There are a number of fireplace materials that you can use, ranging from bricks to natural stones.
- Decorative Gardens: For many people, no backyard landscaping project is complete without a tasteful garden. Cultivating a decorative garden can be a stress reliever for the do-it-yourselfers who enjoy gardening. You can also choose low maintenance plants that require little upkeep. A well-planned decorative garden takes into consideration the different types of shrubs, flowers, and trees that best compliment your yard and home, create a sense of overall harmony, and can handle the St. Louis climate.
- Retaining Walls: Are you tired of the wasted space and erosion problems that result from your sloping backyard? Retaining walls could just be the right backyard landscaping idea for you—much more than just a simple stone and concrete structure to hold off erosion. A well-designed retaining wall can be stylish, attractive, and functional at the same time.
- Low-Maintenance Erosion Control: If you are concerned about rainwater and water flow problems on your property, you can include low-maintenance erosion control solutions in your backyard landscaping. The proper use of suitable shrubs, grasses, and trees will prevent soil erosion naturally. Additional measures such as French drains can also be used to direct water properly and control water problems. Metro Lawn Sprinklers & Landscapes will make sure the foliage used will blend well in your overall garden design to create erosion control that is aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
- Dry Creek Beds: You do not need to be near a body of water to bring that riverbed feel in your backyard. Smart and carefully planned use of stones and rocks can produce a backyard landscaping feature that resembles a dry creek bed. This landscape design feature can often compliment a retaining wall and decorative gardens. These also help direct water and control erosion.
Contact Metro Lawn Sprinklers & Landscapes for Backyard Landscaping Ideas in St. Louis
Are you feeling inspired to start your own backyard landscaping project? For a professional landscaper in St. Louis that can help turn your ideas into a reality, contact Metro Lawn Sprinklers & Landscapes today!