Benefits of Energy Efficient LED Landscape Lighting
LED landscape lighting has become a very sought after option to traditional halogen 12 volt landscaping light bulbs. There are many reasons behind this new trend in LED landscape lighting, and listed below are just a handful of them.
If you are interested in taking advantage of the benefits of LED lighting and installing LED landscape lighting around your home, contact the professionals at Metro Lawn Sprinklers & Landscapes. As a leading landscaping company serving St. Louis and St. Charles, we offer professional landscape lighting services to help you design and install your LED landscape lighting for your next project. Contact us with your LED landscape lighting questions, and our experts will be happy to help!
Why Choose LED Landscape Lighting
- Energy Savings: The most important aspect of LED landscape lighting is that it saves on the cost of electricity. The reason behind this is that LEDs are more efficient than incandescent lights. Where incandescent light bulbs only convert 20 percent of energy into visible light, LEDs convert 80 percent of it into light. The result is the same brightness at a fraction of the operating cost.
- Longevity: LED light bulbs may be more expensive to buy. However this is only the initial cost, and recent technological advancements have brought down the price of LEDs. Additionally, the use of LEDs has been proven to save money in the long run, since you do not have to change them as often as halogen light bulbs. A Light Emitting Diode will outlast any traditional form of illumination by far. LED lights typically last for 50,000 hours (15 years), while traditional halogen lights last for only 5,000 hours. This is a significant advantage over traditional lights.
- Easy To Install: LED landscape lighting can produce brighter lights using less energy. Therefore, while low voltage lights that require more energy have to be hardwired into the regular power supply, LED landscape lighting can be powered with solar power making for quick and simple installation anywhere around your home.
- Environmentally Conscious: Since LED landscape lighting systems have a smaller carbon footprint than traditional lighting sources, they are a more environmentally friendly choice for lighting your home.
- Decreased Danger of Burns: Another reasons that clients prefer LED landscape lighting is because it is less dangerous than traditional bulbs. LED bulbs produce less heat and burn cooler than traditional bulbs. This means that you do not need to worry about the risk of burns to pets, children, or even plants that may come into contact with the bulbs.
- LED Bulbs are More Durable: Since LED landscape lighting is not dependent on delicate filaments, they are often more durable than traditional lighting. This can be an advantage especially for outside lighting as bulbs and lighting fixtures are often bumped or knocked by gardening, children, and pets.
- Design Flexibility: LED landscape lighting is very flexible when it comes time to design your perfect outside landscape lighting. Several years ago, LEDs came in only one color. However, today our designers have a wide palette of colors to choose from and they can complement any type of design you have in mind.
Learn More About LED Landscape Lighting Options in St. Louis
If you are interested in learning how implementing LEDs in your landscape lighting project can help save you money, contact us today to speak with one of our landscape lighting experts. In St. Louis and St. Charles, we are always happy to answer your questions and help you design the landscape of your dreams!